We are currently recruiting teammates
Software Developer - C++, Python, Java
Are you a Jr- to Mid-Level developer who's hungry to solve unique problems and puzzles, make a difference, and test the potential of your own best ideas? We're looking for an energetic, highly-engaged DC-area developer who takes pride in their ability to create functional, robust, and intuitive software tailored to the client's needs—whether that's a customer or our internal R&D team. We are seeking applications from strong developers of all backgrounds and orientations but, due to the nature of our work, we require applicants to be US citizens.
- US citizen with an active security clearance, or;
- US citizen with no significant impediments to acquiring a security clearance;
- Demonstrable skill in object-oriented development in Java, Python or C++;
- Knowledge of version control software such as Git/Mercurial/Subversion;
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile, and;
- Completion of a post-interview programming task, so you can strut your stuff and we can gauge your skills.
We'd also love to see:
- Cryptography experience.
Our ideal new colleague is a lifelong learner who balances the drive to crack a puzzle independently with the awareness of when it's time to leverage our team's experience, or contribute their own diverse viewpoint to help build a team solution. If you incorporate feedback quickly, place a high value on the quality of your work, and are interested in growing with us as we explore new challenges, we'd love to hear from you.
Kyrus is a small company that works with the big picture in mind, taking on projects with real significance that grow our capacity to tackle even more fascinating development problems. We've earned a reputation for efficiency, effectiveness, and impact since our founding in 2009, and are recruiting teammates for our northern Virginia-based team.
We offer a no-nonsense working environment dedicated to seeing every member of our team—and every good idea—reach their maximum potential. As an employee-owned company, we actively provide the support necessary to develop and fund our staff's very best ideas into novel new capabilities. Kyrus is where industry-leading products like Carbon Black was created.
- Fully paid medical & dental insurance;
- Health Savings Account; Flex savings account (FSA) for health and dependent care;
- Annual training and conference budget;
- Life , short-term and long-term disability insurance;
- Cell phone and home internet expense reimbursement;
- Unlimited paid vacation;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Ability to work from home when applicable;
- Fitness budget.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your resume and two-to-four examples of your best work (either in a separate file or a link to your GitHub or other public repository is fine) to email@example.com. A hiring manager – not a recruiter – will review your application and will respond to you within 5 working days.